What we do
We teach students, educators, and parents simple daily mindfulness practices that increase focus and attention, reduce stress and anxiety, create resilience and the capacity to handle difficult emotions, and build compassion.
We work closely with school leaders to embed knowledge of these mindfulness practices in their schools and communities for the long term. Ultimately, we aim to transform the culture of schools, making them safe, inclusive, and compassionate places to learn.
What we teach
- Short, daily practices for the whole school (students and educators) that complement and enrich the natural rhythm of daily school life.
- Short classroom-based lessons of 20-30 minutes that can stand alone or be integrated with other subjects.
- Workshops, in-service trainings for teachers, and professional trainings.
Where we work
We work in elementary and secondary schools in the greater Washington DC area, including Fairfax and Arlington County Virginia, and Montgomery County Maryland.
How we do it
- We draw upon the leading research and best practices in the fields of mindfulness, social emotional learning, cognitive neuroscience, psychology, and mental health to make our programs cutting edge, accessible, and relevant to students and teachers in grades K-12.
- We recruit professionals who are highly trained in mindfulness practices, vet them, provide specialized training, and place them in schools.